Our client is a producer of a wide variety of premium quality fruit for export to global markets.
They currently have an opportunity for a Bookkeeper at their Matroozefontein farm close to Redelinghuys in the Western Cape. The main role of the Bookkeeper is to administer debtors, creditors, and bank reconciliation and to ensure the proper automated recording thereof. This position will report to the Shared Services Manager.
- Preparation and processing of journals
- Reconciliation of orders, invoices, statements, and Petty Cash
- Invoicing of farm gate sales
- Capturing and reconciliation of bank statements
- The recording of accounting transactions on SAGE and JMT
- Grade 12
- A relevant B-Degree at a recognized and SAQA accredited university will be advantageous
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
- Knowledge of the data software packages Sage and JMT
- Computer literate in MS Office
- General business acumen
- Strong administrative skills
- Attentive to details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.