Commercial Assistant (Fruit Industry)
Our client is an established name in the fruit industry and would like to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual as a Commercial Assistant for their Far East markets. This position reports directly to the Far East Market Manager and is based in Stellenbosch.
The main purpose of this position is to support the Far East Market Manager across the full range of commercial activity, focusing on administrative duties and capturing and summarizing of all pricing, logistics and quality information of all clients. As the Commercial Assistant you will provide communication to clients on a weekly basis with regards to program management and shipping updates across all containers. Furthermore you will inform clients of the status of their debtors account and provide feedback to finance.
- Providing information on the following:
- Logistics & Operations
- Monitor and follow-up on export documentation
- Weekly reports on shipped volume and new ETA’s
- Update shipping volume forecast
- Send weekly update on orders to logistics to ensure bookings are actioned
- Manage steri-failure COD’s
- Quality Control
- Follow-up to ensure confirmed orders are packed and dispatched, by the packing warehouses, as planned.
- Ensure labels applied to cartons are correct
- Arrange and follow-up on Pre-shipment inspections in port when required
- Record Claims & Credit notes
- Grade 12 with a tertiary qualification in Marketing, Logistics or Agriculture
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Fruit Export Business, in a logistics, marketing or quality position
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- System knowledge and experience of logistic export systems / documentation Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Word; Excel; Outlook
- Strong administrative skills
- Good communication skills
- A highly organised and flexible approach to work, including the ability to prioritise workload.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 22 April 2021