Our client is the largest fruit company in China with its headquarters in Hong Kong. It manages trading, procurement and marketing operations across the Asian region through its various subsidiary companies and has representative offices in several Asian countries.
They are seeking to appoint a Commercial Manager for their South African office based in Bellville, Cape Town. This position reports to the General Manager.
- Establish a world class supply base on Pome Fruit, Stone Fruit (including Berries & Figs) and Citrus from the Western Cape
- Day-to-day management of customer programmes
- Management of programmes and trading markets
- Relationship and business building with growers and client
- Post-season review with customers and clients
- Grade 12 with a relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing or Logistics
- 3-5 Years’ commercial experience in a marketing, grower relationship or procurement position within the fruit exporting industry
- Specific experience in the Pome Industry would definitely be preferred and be an advantage. Exposure to trading Markets (China and South East Asia) will be beneficial
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Management skills (including Performance Management, Stress management)
- Time management (ability to meet deadlines)
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.