Our client Vinpro, situated in Paarl, is the independent organisation that provides specialized services and information to South African wine producers, cellars and wine-related businesses and represents them on various forums.
They are looking for a vibrant Communications Officer to join their team at WineLand Media, the media and communications division of Vinpro. The successful candidate will report to the Manager WineLand Media & Communications.
- Conceptualizing and managing all staff communications, including newsletters and notifications, events and staff orientation
- Events coordination
- Media liaison and monitoring
- Producing video content for Vinpro branding/marketing purposes
- Managing orders and stock related to corporate branding
- Writing of news releases, articles
- Managing info address
- Relevant degree or diploma in Public Relations or Communications
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Creative and able to generate new ideas to improve processes and content
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Afrikaans and English
- Computer literate (MS Office) with excellent MS Excel skills
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on detail
- Self-disciplined and well-organised
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative to solve problems
- Motivated and keen to learn new skills
In terms of Vinpro’s employment equity plan, preference will be given to candidates from a previously disadvantage background.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019