Farm Manager: Dates
Our client, Desert Fruit (Pty) Ltd is a Namibian company with the objective to produce, grow and pack high-value dates for the international market. Their business operations are located on the banks of the Orange River that demarcates the border between South Africa and Namibia. The closest town is Ariamsvlei and is a two-hour drive from the farm.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Farm Manager with the following duties and requirements:
- Specialize in producing and improving date crops through conducting experiments and developing best practice methods of production
- Increasing the quality and volume of fruit produced
- Experimenting and planning studies to improve crop yields
- Studying of date production in order to discern the best ways to plant, harvest, and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate
- Developing methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease-free
- B.Sc. Degree or relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management position on a stonefruit/table grape farm (±150 ha)
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of date production is preferential
- Fluent in Afrikaans / English
- Effective communication skills
- Organizational and planning ability with strong administrative skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Able to perform under pressure
- Advanced computer literacy
- Good interpersonal skills
- High energy levels
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 13 August 2021
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.