Our client is an established wine estate in Stellenbosch and they are seeking to appoint a Accountant to join their team.
Main duties includes but are not limited to the following:
- Review and manage debtor and creditor control
- Review accounting records and monthly reconciliations of all accounts
- Monthly statutory returns including VAT and EMP201’s
- Assisting with EMP 501 returns
- Review and submission of monthly excise returns
- Control monthly stock takes and capture in Ezywine
- All payroll functions incl. payslips, employee files, leave control
- Processing and making of weekly payments and perform money transfers (incl. salaries, fortnight and monthly)
- Making of forex payments and accepting of forex incoming funds
- Petty cash control, arranging change for Tasting Room
- Prepare monthly reports, budget vs actual, income statement and balance sheet, cash flow forecasts
- Preparing and managing of annual budgets and cash flow budgets
- Monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met
- Maintain fixed asset register, depreciation control
- Monitor and review all processing to the subsidiary and general ledgers, including adjusting entries.
- Review of current accounting systems and procedures to identify areas of improvement (where appropriate develop and implement new systems)
- Prepare audit file
- Office admin and ad hoc tasks
- IT support and server backups
- Relevant qualification in Accounting
- Articles preferred – SAIPA or SAICA but not essential
- Detail and results focused
- Deadline driven
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Energetic and a self-starter
- Own Vehicle and valid drivers
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
By submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Closing date for applications: 21 September 2021