Junior Commercial Manager
Our client is an integrated international fruit breeder, producer, and exporter. They are currently seeking a Junior Commercial Manager to join their team.
The primary function of the Junior Commercial Manager will be to assist the Local Commercial Manager with core functions as well as any Ad Hoc task which may arise. The ideal person will coordinate local blueberry and stonefruit sales activities as per Marketing Plan and provide administrative support to the Commercial Managers.
This position will work closely with the Logistics, Technical and Trade Finance departments to ensure efficient and best practice service to their clients. This position reports to the Local Commercial Manager and will be based at their Paarl Office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Weekly follow-up with clients regarding orders/promotions for the week
- Arrange couriers to collect and deliver orders on set dates and timelines
- Arrange promotions with big retail clients and trade clients
- Liaising with Marketing team to arrange in store promotions
- Ongoing client sampling in Western Cape and Gauteng
- Weekly discussions and negotiations to determine prices and volumes delivered to the different retailer distribution centres
- Assist with procurement of new clients, delivering samples & building their brand
- Register new clients; ensure all documentation and Dipar info is correct
- Overall management of the accounts and any ad hoc tasks
- Manage purchase orders daily and send to relevant packhouses including weekly packing instructions for the Western Cape packhouse
- Arrange transport for daily purchase orders as well as moving stock from the Western Cape packhouse to the staging agent
- Weekly visits to staging agent, sorting out issues and keeping an eye on operations
- Day to day managing of staging agent operations and issues that arise
- Update equipment sheets, check stock levels and ensure there is enough equipment (lugs/Chep) and packing material to deliver local orders
- Comm Degree with a Marketing/Logistics/International Trade major or similar degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- An understanding of the retail and/or agricultural industries
- Strong planning and coordination skills
- Strong time management skills and deadline driven
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer literacy: MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Open mindedness and the ability to embrace an ever changing and innovative environment.
- The ability to self-drive and self-motivate while building the local market client base.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.