Labour Advice Support Desk and Assurance Coordinator
Our client is a voluntary multi stakeholder not for profit organisation based in Stellenbosch.
This is a one year contract position, with a possibility of extension dependent upon funding.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Review of Self-Assessment Questionnaire of members
- Moderate quality of social audit reports, compliance documentation and corrective actions submitted for Quality Assurance and Consistency purposes
- Identify inconsistencies against organisation policies and high risk audit findings for further development
- Make recommendations on compliance trends and assist with training to members and auditors
- Analyse and report on the audit data and programme for various purposes
Labour advice and technical support
- Provide technical and legal advice and support to producers and members during the audit process leading up to the certification and accreditation of members
- Provide technical and legal advice to Certification Bodies
- Correspond and assist with producers on certification status
- Research and communicate all relevant case law and legislative changes pertaining to the Code and standard and prepare legal briefs
- Facilitate information sessions and discussions on Code implementation with stakeholders
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree (Labour Law/Social Sciences/Human Resources/ Development Studies) with a track record in social/ethical auditing, HR management, social impact assessments or labour law practice and management experience with two years’ experience minimum
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with fluency in English and Afrikaans
- Good analytical ability with some statistical skills a plus
- Innovative thinker and self starter
- Great computer skills essential
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Drivers licence with own transport a must as travelling locally to clients is required
The remuneration package and terms of employment will be negotiable based on experience.
Please ENSURE that you include the following in your application:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- contactable referees
Closing date: 20 January 2020
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.