Our client is a leading grower, packer, and exporter of fresh fruit (citrus and table grapes) in South Africa. Their production units are situated across the Western Cape, with their head office in Bellville near Cape Town.
The company has a vacancy for a Packhouse Manager at their brand-new citrus packhouse being built 10km outside of Piketberg, close to two of their farms. Phase 1 (6-lane Reemoon sizer) will become operational from the start of the citrus season in 2022 and Phase 2 (6-lane sizer) will be operational in 2023.
This position will take full control of the packing and logistical operations of the packhouse and forms part of the management team. The main objective will be to add value to the products of the farms/suppliers. The candidate should ideally be available from the start of December 2021.
The position will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the packhouse, including the fruit sizer and all aspects of production, systems, coldstores, degreening, staff and quality management. Focus on production efficiency, quality specifications of fruit and fruit packing as wells as the adhering to their fruit handling protocol.
- Final planning before the start of the 2022 season
- Packaging, planning, budgeting and scheduling
- Focus on pack-out percentages
- Quality control and Food Safety (BRC)
- Manpower planning and all aspects of human resources management
- Relevant financial/logistical administration (Paltrack) and recordkeeping with the necessary support
- Matric with a relevant tertiary qualification
- Background in the citrus packing industry with a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Mechanical and administrative background
- Must be willing to work irregular and long hours unique to the citrus industry
A market related total cost to company package is offered with pension fund benefits and housing included.
How to apply
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2021