Packline Assistant (Clanwilliam) & Trainee Packline Manager (Swellendam)
Our client is a leading grower, packer, and exporter of fresh fruit in South Africa. Their production units are situated across the Western Cape, with their head office in Bellville near Cape Town.
The company has a vacancy for a pack line assistant that can be trained as a pack line manager at Wespak packhouse that consists of two separate pack houses for citrus and table grapes in Clanwilliam. The position will report to the pack line manager of Wespak.
Wespak is located on the farm Radyn, near Clanwilliam in the Western Cape. A wide variety of citrus cultivars are handled at the facility. About 60 000 bins can be packed during the harvesting season.
They also have a vacancy for a trainee pack line manager at their packhouse in Buffeljagsrivier, Swellendam. Please indicate in your application if you want to be considered for both vacancies.
The following duties will be performed by the pack line assistant:
- Packaging planning and scheduling
- Optimal pack-out percentages
- Quality control and food safety
- Team building, motivation, and management
- Time and production management
- Matric/Grade 12, with a relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. B Agric / B Tech process engineering/ Food technology or technical qualification)
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Willing to work irregular/ night shift and long hours (as required in the citrus/table grape packing industry)
- Willing to be trained in all aspects of logistics, quality, and fruit packing
The following will be beneficial:
- Background in fruit production (citrus and table grapes)
- Background in a fruit pack house
- Production focus and technical aptitude
- Management potential Planning and organising skills
- Good communication skills
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.