Post Harvest Quality Specialist
Our client Mouton Citrus, a leader in the citrus industry and vertically integrated producer, packer and exporter located in the Citrusdal valley requires a Post Harvest Quality Specialist.
This position fills a specialist role to drive product quality and market access through implementation of international best practice and a systems approach in the disciplines below with the aim to position the company as the preferred citrus supplier to customers globally.
The role reports to Manager Export Technical.
- Post Harvest Quality metrics reporting & communication to inform product market allocation
- Harvest & Post Harvest Protocol implementation & reporting
- Spray Records and MRL analysis
- Orchard harvest approvals – quality & maturity
- Arrival Quality analysis & reporting
- Data Integration & Analysis
- Grower reporting
- Customer Repack analysis
- Shipping claims technical and data input
- Shelf-life evaluation
- Sustainability and Customer requirements
- Customer due diligence information collection & communication
- Sustainability data collection & reporting
- Industry representation & networking
This position will form part of a cross functional management team and share co-responsibility for certain outputs in the Production, Packing and Marketing Business Units.
- Applicable tertiary qualification with continuous learning attitude
- Relevant experience, preferably within fruit export & packing environment
- Advanced management and numerical capability
- Computer Literacy
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work and prosper within a team environment
- Self-motivated, driven, resilient and humble
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.