Production Manager: Packhouse
Our client is an agri-business specialising in the growing, packing and marketing of apples and pears to retailers, traders and wholesalers across the globe.
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to optimise the efficient and effective pre-sorting and packing operations of their Packhouse situated in Grabouw.
- Own and drive production planning (pre-sorting and packing) through monitoring and control to ensure the effective execution of marketing plans according to pre-specified guidelines.
- Take ownership of, monitor, and control the relevant quality controls that are in place by adhering to and meeting customer expectations.
- Manage and monitor all relevant health and safety protocols and ensure that standards are adhered to according to HACCP/BRC and company regulations.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with employees, union members and shop stewards.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of production personnel by monitoring productivity and ensuring continuous improvement of the production department.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a production environment, with an additional 3 – 5 years in a managerial experience in an organised labour environment.
- A National Diploma in Production Management or Industrial Engineering
- Computer literate and knowledge of systems.
- The ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Leadership ability to grow and develop team of Line Managers and Supervisors.
- Strong analytical skills
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 27 July 2021
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.