Production Manager (for mixed farming operation)
Our client is a mixed farming operation situated between Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. They have an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join their team.
- Daily production management of wide selection of avocados, olives, almonds – including picking, pruning, thinning, etc
- Daily management of live stock
- Management of the farm’s irrigation system
- Management of spraying
- Reporting and data collecting
- Orchard & soil management
- Orchard development and new variety management
- Productivity and work efficiency targets and reports
- Grade 12 with an appropriate qualification in agriculture
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in the cultivation of fruit
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Above-average interpersonal communication and meticulous reporting skills are essential
- Must be competent in record keeping and administration
- Good people relationships and communication skills
- Computer literate
By Submitting your information and application you hereby confirm:
- That you give us permission to retain your personal information in our database for future matching to employment opportunities.
- Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
- That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.