Our client is a leading packer of top-quality fruit. They are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Refrigeration Technician to oversee and manage their state-of-the-art cold rooms. This position is based in the Langkloof in the Eastern Cape.
The Refrigeration Technician will be responsible the overall planning, organizing and control over the execution of the following activities by staff within the cold room department:
- The intake and out loading of fruit as well as all associated logistical actions
- Cool storage and cold chain management of all fruits
- Stock holding of packed and unpacked fruit
- Maintenance of buildings, all cooling equipment as well as all monitoring equipment and ensure that it is in a functional state at all times
- Water supply and site maintenance
- Application of general hygiene and food safety standards in accordance with requirements of HACCP/BRC and keeping records in this regard
- Grade 12 with 5 years’ management experience in similar capacity
- Qualified cooling technician (Ammonia Plant) is a minimum requirement, with emphasis on technical skills
- Experience of the deciduous fruit industry will also count in the applicant’s favour
- Extensive experience of controlled atmospheric cold rooms and its operation, as well as ordinary atmospheric cold rooms
- Knowledge of the operation of Gas-at-Site Equipment and cooling monitoring system will count in the applicant’s favor
Market-related remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and experience and includes company fringe benefits such as subsidized medical aid and pension fund, as well as company accommodation.
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 15 January 2021