Regional Sales Representative
Our client is premium wine producer situated in the Stellenbosch area. They are seeking to appoint a suitable individual as their Regional Sales Representative for Gauteng and the Western Cape. This position reports to the Sales Manager and will be based in Gauteng.
- To achieve sales targets based on previous achievements and future expectations of the market
- Establish close and effective working relations with the trade and business partners
- To develop and implement a regional Sales Plan which meets brand, volume, distribution and profit objectives
- Maintain and develop the brand within the constraints of the national marketing plan as well as the budget set
- Gather, integrate and interpret market information to ensure appropriate action
- Provide accurate trade sales and distribution information and reports on performance of accounts
- New client listings and corporate client growth
- Achieve maximum store presence for both on and off consumption clients
- Achieve distribution/logistic deadlines/turnaround time
- Organize, attend and manage all Western Cape/Gauteng based events with the guidance of the sales manager including but not limited to in store tastings and promotions, dinners, wine festivals etc.
- Organize waiter training and incentives within the on-con environment
- Implement wine list inserts and black board listings in restaurants after discussion with the sales manager
- To assist with the collection of overdue debtors
- Sales/Marketing degree or diploma or similar higher qualification
- 3 – 4 years’ experience within the wine sales industry, with a good understanding of the local market conditions and dynamics.
- Exceptional product knowledge, including an above average food and wine knowledge
- Good understanding of the distribution/logistic requirements and constraints
- Computer literate
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong sales skills and experience
- Sound communication skills
- Strong negotiating, relationship building and networking skills
- Must have a passion for interacting with consumers in all market segments
- Ability to operate independently
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and self-driven
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.