Our client is an established producer, packer and exporter of citrus and table grapes with production units and pack houses in the Western and Southern Cape regions. They have a new vacancy for a senior accountant to oversee the accounting function of the production units in the Clanwilliam area. The position is available immediately and will be based in Clanwilliam.
- Prepare financial information up to trial balance
- Understand and interpret management accounts
- Manage inventory, assets and capital expenditure within the stipulated framework and policy
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly projections
- Participate in the annual audit process and handling of audit related inquiries
- Ensure that internal control measures are implemented and maintained correctly
- Provide support function to group IT and BI departments
- Ensure implementation of SOP’s and effectiveness of way of workings
- Provide support function to HR department (specifically wages and preparation of salary information)
- Relevant tertiary education (suitable degree/diploma)
- 5 – 6 years’ accounting experience. Experience in cost and management accounts will be to your advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) & accounting package
- Agriculture industry experience will be to your advantage.
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must be deadline driven
- Be willing to travel occasionally
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.