Stone Fruit Production Manager
Our client is a medium-sized stone fruit farm near Stellenbosch. They produce, pack and export plums.
They are looking for a Production Manager who will oversee all aspects of the farming operation. This position reports to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage all aspects of stone fruit production
- Implement innovative ideas and techniques to increase crop production and quality
- Implement, manage and maintain GlobalGap and other accreditations
- Effective record keeping of all spray records, consultant communication, crop yields, labour expenses, water testing results and all other farm related information and expenses
- Manage and motivate the workforce including seasonal workers
- Manage all farm related expenses, effectively account for overhead costs
- A tertiary agricultural qualification (B. Agric or equivalent)
- Stone fruit experience is essential
- A good working knowledge of pruning, tree-training and orchard development
- Be familiar with all aspects of fruit production and be able to liaise with the packhouse
- Relevant skills and knowledge to compile budgets and costings
- Basic mechanical knowledge and the ability to manage all aspects of a successful fruit farming operation
- Computer literate and familiar with computerised farming systems such as irrigation and spray programs
Please ensure that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (MS Word format), inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
Closing date: 27 January 2020
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.