The purpose of the programme:
Senior leaders set the priorities, goals and objectives of a business. Even more, they set the cultural tone of the organisation.
Although many senior leaders recognise the central role employee engagement plays in driving profit and growth, it is frequently viewed as a minor ‘initiative’ that can be delegated to HR ‘when and if’ funds are available, or to be presented as a feel good factor at kick-off events.
SHAPE equips senior leaders with the attitude and skill set to walk the engagement walk.
SHAPE is a highly regarded programme that can be used to involve and engage senior leaders from the get-go. This enables them to ‘own’ the initiative, help shape the objectives, support roll-out strategies and ultimately have a stake in measuring its impact.
Through SHAPE senior leaders are assisted to shape the culture they want to see in their organisation.
The programme provides them with an opportunity to:
- Explore the business benefits of EE and develop an understanding of what it means to be engaged from an employee perspective.
- Develop a clear vision of how engagement links with the organisation’s mission and growth strategy.
- Reflect on the role of senior leaders in shaping a culture that drives performance and engagement as well as assess their effectiveness against best practice roles in this area.
- Craft a compelling message about the organisation’s story that will provide direction and guide employees’ actions and contributions.
- Explore the emotional and rational drivers of EE, taking a critical look at how their organisation corresponds.
- Weed out business practices or barriers that undermine high performance and a thriving workplace.
- Identify actions which leaders can take to show employees that the organisation cares about them and has their best interest at heart. Thereby building a culture that fuels engagement.
- Assess current internal communication strategies in the organisation against best engagement communication practices.
- Critically explore the extent of true alignment between core organisational values and leadership action, in order to assess credibility and trustworthiness (and thus their influence) as senior leaders of the business.
Duration: 1 Day
Language: Afrikaans & English
The course is also available for in-house presentation. Please contact our offices for more information.