National Sales Manager
Our client is a premium wine producer situated in the Stellenbosch area. They are seeking to appoint a National Sales Manager.
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of national sales and all its divisions, including the formulation of sales strategies, preparing of budgets, planning and brand activation.
The ideal candidate must be an inspiring and effective team leader, with strong market experience, a vast industry network and enjoys business development. Furthermore the incumbent must be an energetic and engaging leader, with a solid understanding of sales strategies, the ability to build strong and enduring trade relationships, a positive outlook and a tireless desire to succeed.
The job will require frequent travelling, as well as attending numerous trade shows, events, dinners and other activities to support and build sales.
- Manage and grow Private Sales
- Achieve national sales targets
- Setup an annual marketing and expense budget
- Provide annual sales targets for the trade and for Private Farm sales
- Lead, grow and manage a strong sales team
- Grow the national distribution footprint
- Build and maintain relationships with the wine market leaders
- Responsible for corporate business
- Create a price list and decided on annual increases and inform customer of price updates
- Conduct trade visits, on-con and off-con listings
- Establish new listings and service and maintain current listings
- Responsible for marketing and the coordination and management of wine shows, competition entries, festivals, promotions and all relevant wine trading platforms
- Assist in building the Wine Club
- Assist with marketing of the Tasting Room
- Manage the library stock sales
- Assist with international clients visiting the Farm.
- Social media management (e.g. webinars and managing influencers)
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in the wine industry
- Managerial experience
- Strong understanding of sales strategies
- Knowledge of entire value chain especially that of route to market
- Sales-orientated with strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and presentation skills
- Results-orientated with a commitment to excellence
- Attention to detail with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Pride, passion and a commitment towards the success of the company
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
Please ENSURE that your application includes the following:
- a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, inclusive of contact and email information
- a covering letter motivating the application
- an indication of current and expected remuneration
- contactable referees
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.