UIF: How much do you need to pay now? 21/06/2021
How much do you need to pay?
- The amount of the contribution due by an employee, must be 1% of the remuneration paid by the employer to the employee.
- The employer must pay a total contribution of 2% (1% contributed by the employee and 1% contributed by the employer) within the prescribed period.
- A contribution shall not apply to so much of the remuneration paid or payable by an employer to an employee, as exceeds:
- With effect from 1 October 2012 – R 14 872 per month (R 178 464 annually)
- With effect from 1 June 2021 – R 17 712 per month (R 212 544 annually).